- All art must be the Artist’s original work, or copies of Artist’s original work, and for sale.
- Two-dimensional art may not exceed 40” in height or length, including frame.
- Three-dimensional art should be no larger than 2’x2’x2’.
- Framed and unframed paintings are dry, ready to hang, with braided/twisted wire secured to back. NO SAW TOOTH HANGERS.
- For Plexiglas mounted art or work on metal, two secure picture hangers with wire attached to back frame are required.
- Unframed work is matted and packed in clear cellophane sleeves.
- Greeting cards are packaged in clear cellophane sleeves.
- Special display requirements for textile and sculpture art will be the Artist’s responsibility and approved by the Gallery.
- Jewelry displays will be provided by Artist and approved by the Gallery.
- Due to space limitations, some “Furniture Art” may not be a viable art form for the Gallery.
- Each artwork will be marked for sale at a price provided by the Artist.
- Artist will pay a $25 annual membership fee the first show each year for which their work has been accepted. (Year one is October 2021 thru December 2022, calendar year thereafter.)
- Artist agrees the Gallery will retain 25% of the sales price of their work sold.
- Artist permits the Gallery to use photographs, Artist’s name, likeness, and/or bio/tagline in Gallery communication and advertising material for promotional purposes.
- Gallery will provide Artist an inventory form to list each item for sale including Artist Name, Price, and Medium. This form will accompany the art when hand delivered to Gallery during the published “Receiving Art Dates.”
- When show ends, failure to pick up unsold art during designated times per the Gallery calendar will result in a $10 per day storage fee, payable before unsold art is released. Any art not picked up within 30 days of the designated dates will become the property of the Gallery and the Artist will receive no future benefits from its sale.
- Artist will volunteer in the Gallery during shows when their art is on sale. Refer to volunteer opportunities under the SUPPORT tab. Schedules will be mutually set.
- Artist is responsible for “special sales packaging” for art, if necessary.
- Artist is responsible for reporting their income for tax purposes.
- Upon acceptance for their first Gallery show, Artist will sign an agreement that indemnifies and releases Galley West Art Gallery from any and all losses in connection with a Gallery show. The Artist will assume all risk of damage or loss from whatever cause. It is Artist’s choice and responsibility to arrange for proper insurance coverage for their work.
- Gallery will set annual show themes and schedules as well as “Call for Art” notices.
- Gallery curators will select Artists and work for a show based on the Artist’s submitted ENTRY FORM. Art will be judged on craftsmanship, finished details and appropriateness to show theme. Artist notification dates are listed in the CALENDAR FOR ARTISTS & CURATORS.
- Gallery will handle all sales and MA Sales Tax calculation, reporting and payment.
- Gallery will retain 25% of the sale price of Artist’s work.
- Gallery will arrange and pay for advertising and social media and other costs, such as standard sale supplies, bags and wrapping paper, credit card and bookkeeping fees, general operating expenses.
- Gallery will pay Artist their share of sales by end of the month following the end date of the show. Artists with annual payments of at least $600 (75% of $800 sales) will receive a 1099-NEC. GWAG will be held harmless from penalties or fines from Artist’s failure to include this income in their tax filing.
- Gallery reserves the right to refuse any work on the grounds of poor condition, oversize, unsuitability, damaged frame, etc., or the subject does not comply with the show theme.
- The number of Artist’s items for sale will depend on available Gallery space during the show; additional work for sale may be requested.
- The Gallery will not be responsible for damage or theft of art. The Artist will assume all risk of damage or loss from whatever cause.
Click here to download a printable version of this page.