Entry Form Tips
The online Artist Entry Form uses the tool called EntryThingy and requires each artist to create a FREE account. Your entry and information are only available to you and Galley West Art Gallery.
EveryThingy’s website includes tutorial videos and answers to FAQ’s.
BEFORE you create your actual online entry on the gallery website, we recommend you do the following preparation.
Select 3 art items to enter; take a jpg photo of each.
- Edit your photos before you upload them to the online entry form.
- Name each jpg file as follows:
– YOUR last name–Art Name–Show Opening Date.jpg
– Example: SMITH–Sunset–10.16.2021.jpg
– CALENDAR FOR ARTISTS AND CURATORS has Show Opening Date.
- Minimum jpg size: 75 kb; Maximum jpg size: 5 mb
For each photo/item you are entering, you will asked to include:
- Title of the work – maximum 80 characters including spaces
- Dimensions (HxWxD) inches – include frame
- Example: Sunset, Oil on canvas, 24” x 36” with wood frame, $450
Create a resume/bio that you will input online.
- Will be saved in your EveryThingy account and used for subsequent show entries.
- If you are selected, it is included in the online Artist Show Gallery.
Once you have gathered this information, you are ready to create an entry.
- Go to www.galleywestartgallery.com/call-for-art/artist-entry-form/
- Art Category options: The online form includes a drop down box of art categories. Select the best category for your entry. If the choices do not “fit” your work or, your entry includes multiple media, (i.e. Watercolor and Oil-Acrylic) select Other and clarify the media of each in the item description.
Entries are not complete until the $5 online processing entry fee is paid and you click SUBMIT.
CLICK HERE for a printable version of these tips.